Monday, January 11, 2010

Well, it's been a while.....

I've had a hard time deciding if I should keep this blog going, since most of what I would write here, gets written on the main NC Grange Blog page... but I decided for now, I'll keep it open :-)

Lots has happened since my failed farmers market attempt last May.

We were able to pool our efforts and open Cape Fear Grange. They are one of our strongest Granges in the state. They have easily DOUBLED their membership in the few short months they've been open! Please visit their blog, by click on the link :-) This Grange would NOT have been possible without the Fowler family, so we are grateful for them!!

Next:

I want to outline some goals for 2010... it's a new year, and we all love goals, right!?

1. Continue efforts in northern Mecklenburg County. I really want my own Grange here in Davidson!
2. Open a Grange in Greenville, NC... with the help of some fabulous people there! Our first meeting is set for January 23rd! YAY!
3. Work with the fine people of Duplin County to drum up some interest in the Grange there!
4. Work with members of Cape Fear Grange in an effort to revive Juniper Grange in Moore County
5. Form a Young Adult Committee to help grow the 22-40 age range of our organization

That's all for now! I'll try and be better about updating this site, but if all else fail, check the NC Grange blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment